Community Support Initiative
Building Community Partnerships
Pilbara Ports Authority recognises the importance of establishing and maintaining strong, effective links between community and industry, and is committed to fostering an open, working relationship with the local communities in which it has port operations.
Pilbara Ports Authority has an established Community Support Policy. This policy allows PPA to commit financial resources and in kind support to community investment initiatives. For guidelines on eligibility and how to apply for the PPA Community Support Initiative, download the PPA Community Support Initiative Guidelines.
PPA will endeavour to support organisations or groups requesting financial or 'in kind' assistance, which uphold PPA’s organisational values and are connected to activities held within the Shire of Roebourne, Ashburton and Town of Port Hedland.
Applications for support will be considered for the following:
- Projects that seeks to protect, enhance and manage the local environment
- Community Groups or sports clubs/activities
- Educational-based projects for local students
- Activities that are marine-based, infrastructure or educational programs
- Community events that encourage the involvement of the port’s local community
- Projects and events that respect traditional owners of the land, value cultural heritage and increase community focus within the indigenous community
- Projects that assist the local community in the development of infrastructure and improvement of resources.
How to Apply
A PPA Community Support Initiative Application Form must be completed for a request to be considered. Applicants can provide additional information if they believe it adds to their application. Application forms can be sent via post or email.